Hello gorgeous Makeup Geeks!! Hope you all had a marvelous month of March! We loved seeing all of your entries for the Color Blocking challenge, and hope to see many of your beautiful faces entering again this month along with some newbies! :) We are always so impressed with your skills, and creativity.
According to our calendars it is officially spring here in Michigan. Although the weather seems to be unaware (still chilly and overcast), I am crossing my fingers that the skies will soon clear up, the temperature will finally start to rise, and the good weather will kick off its shoes and stay a while. Bring on the fun colors and patterns, birds chirping, flowy sun dresses, sandals, and best of all the sunshine!
Since we are so excited for the spring season, we thought what better than a ‘Spring’ monthly challenge, but with a little twist of course. When I think spring, I think, vibrantly bloomed flowers, fresh green grass, clear blue skies, warm breeze, birds chirping and BUGS. Beautiful creepy, crawly bugs. Their season to thrive, they seem to be everywhere. So as your inspiration this month, we have provided you with three photographs below for you to choose from. These little guys have such vibrant colors, and bold patterns for you to pull inspiration from.
Hope you have lots of fun creating your looks for this challenge. We are looking forward to see your interpretations of these bugs!
Have a very merry April, stay healthy and gorgeous as always! :)
We have had some AMAZING entries these last few months, that unfortunately have been disqualified due to one minor detail, not including the MUG Monthly Challenge signs in their photos (information required listed in the rules below). This is a reminder for all of you to get those signs up! They don’t have to be anything special, you can even just jot down the information on a piece of scrap paper real quick… just please don’t forget to add them in. Otherwise we will have to disqualify your look, and we really don’t want to do that!!
Be sure to check out the details (rules and prizes) below.
Winners will be contacted by the end of the month, and announced in the upcoming month’s Monthly Challenge Video.
Two winners chosen: one for best look, and one at random, giving everyone a chance to win!
This month’s challenge prize is:
- Winner of best overall look: Too Faced Naked Eye Palette and 3 Lime Crime Lipsticks : Chinchilla, Airborne Unicorn, and D’Lilac.
- Winner chosen at random: Makeup Geek Spring Expansion Kit
- Looks must be submitted by the 20th of each month
- Open to all ages from any country
- Limited to one look per person, please do not create an alternate user name to get out of this rule
- Makeup must be done by yourself
- The spirit of these challenges is to practice and create something new, thus to enter a look into a Monthly Challenge please create a look specifically for this challenge, i.e. do not upload a photo that was taken for another purpose
- Do not edit or alter your images in any way – images that have been altered will be disqualified
- *Any entry suspected of violating these rules will be deleted, and the user disqualified. Repeat offenders will be banned from entering future competitions.
- In one of your photos, please make sure you are holding a visible sign while wearing the makeup look that you are entering in the contest that says “MUG Monthly Challenge ___(insert challenge name)___ by ___ (insert user name)___(date)___”
If you have any questions or comments concerning this months challenge please contact either Amber or Jena.
jena AT makeupgeek DOT com / amber AT makeupgeek DOT com
Best of luck to you all! We are excited to see what creations you come up with!